Austin Comedy Short Film Festival
Fall 2017 Official Selection
"Waiting, Directed by Eric John Morton
The short film, Waiting, is an official selection of the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2017 and winner of the Best Dark Comedy Film Award.
- Director: Eric John Morton
- Runtime: 13 Minutes
- Category: Dark Comedy Film
- Crew: Produced by Yvonne Borrego, Director of Photography Carlo Nasisse, Edited by Weston Morgan.
- Starring: James Lee Burke, Peggy Schott, Bob Swaffar, Tom Swift, Derek Webster
- Tagline: "A surrealist dark comedy about a veteran struggling against the bureaucratic weight of the VA to get the care he desperately needs."
- Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website
- Review: "Director Eric John Morton takes the viewer deep into the mind of a veteran that is trying to get health care in the current system. The current structure has so many faults, that it's almost laughable. The audience enjoyed the cinematography and deep message of the film, which took home the best Dark Comedy Short Film Award."
Eric John Morton Director's Biography
Eric John Morton is a writer, director, and producer based in Austin, TX. After nearly 7 years of service in the US Navy Eric went back to school to pursue his passion for film and has been relentless since finding this new path. To date he has personally produced more than 20 films since beginning in the medium in the summer of 2014 in addition to working on more than 100 projects in total. Eric is currently working putting together a package for graduate school and has been traveling the pacific north west to work on a personal documentary project.
"It is my hope that this film offers some help and hope to veterans who are experiencing similar struggles." - Director Eric John Morton