"Other People's Lives"
The comedy short screenplay, Other People's Lives, is an official selection of the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2017.
- Links: Facebook | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Twitter | Website
- Category: Short Screenplay
- Screenwriter: Montgomery Burt
- Tagline: “A curious woman writer risks getting caught breaking into people's homes to uncover their secrets as inspiration for her bestselling novels.”
- Review: "Monty Burt is a seasoned writer who does a great job developing his main character with just the right amount of delusional craziness to her personality. There are some tense moments, odd situations and good dialogue."
Writer's Biography: Montgomery Burt
In addition to writing "The United Guys Network," I’ve completed four feature scripts and written for radio and TV. My teleplay "Career Move" was produced for Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and my Twilight Zone script "Borrowed Time" won second prize in a national competition. CKNW Radio also produced my black comedy radioplay, "Leonard McTivey's Last Day at Work." I received two Praxis screenwriting fellowships through Simon Fraser University, and for several years I’ve run Upwords, an ongoing screenwriters workshop that develops new talent. (Graeme Manson, co-creator of BBC's "Orphan Black," was one of our more high-profile members.)
I’m first and foremost a visual storyteller. I was making short films with my dad’s super 8 movie gear when I was fourteen and I’ve been hooked ever since. I try to pitch in, using my experience and writing skills to contribute to the local film scene.