Austin Comedy Short Film Festival
Fall 2017 Official Selection
Night of the Family Dinner, Directed by Mike Atcherson & Joe Duenas
The comedy short film directed by Directed by Mike Atcherson & Joe Duenas, Night of the Family Dinner, is an official selection of the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2017.
Night of the Family Dinner: The Story Behind the Story
We caught up with the, Night of the Family Dinner film crew, for a behind-the-scenes look at the production of this comedy film.
- Why did you think that your film was a good fit for the Austin Comedy Short FF? "The film is a satire about society and how it views race in America, while also using pop culture."
- What inspired you and your team to make this film and how did you come up with the title? "My friend Phil Isme presented me with the idea and we immediately started working on the script. The title is based of on the cult classic "Night of the Living Dead"
- What made the actors interested in being a part of your film? "Many of the actors were comedians/improv actors in the South Florida are that wanted to be a part of a sketch."
- How were you able to get the locations for your film? "The co director Joe Duenas used his parent's house while they were out."
- Can you talk about your sources of funding and favors that you received to complete this film?
"The budget was pretty low. Everyone helped in their own way with stuff we needed such as props and clothes."
- Has creating this short film helped the careers of the people involved in any way? "Yeah, cause now we're in our first film festival."
- What were some of the challenges that you encountered while making this film?
- In what city and state was this film shot on location? "West Palm Beach, Florida"
- Can you tell us about a time when something really funny happened on set, that didn't get caught on camera? "When Joe's parent's saw Phil with his make up on"
- Can you list any awards, nominations or official selections for this film? Austin Comedy Film Festival