Austin Comedy Short Film Festival
Fall 2017 Official Selection
The comedy short film, Dick Head, is an official selection of the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2017.
- Director: Brecht Van't Hof
- Runtime: 7 Minutes and 55 Seconds
- Category: Short Comedy Film
- Tagline: "Charles has had a long time crush on Kelly, but has always been to insecure to make the first move. When he attends her house warming party he has a "chance" encounter with a sorceress who casts a spell on him...is his spell a damning curse or a blessing that will lead him to true love?"
- Facebook | Twitter
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Review: "A fun concept that might be a bit odd, but will keep you laughing throughout. The truly vulgar parts are tastefully blurred out, but I still wouldn't watch this one with the kids around."
Dick Head Film Synopsis
Charles has had a long time crush on Kelly, but has always been to insecure to make the first move. When he attends her house warming party he has a "chance" encounter with a sorceress who casts a spell on him...is his spell a damning curse or a blessing that will lead him to true love?
Dick Head: The Story Behind the Story
- Why did you think that your film was a good fit for the Austin Comedy Short FF? "Austin's well esteemed short film festival is the perfect place for irreverence. DICKHEAD is obviously a short that doesn't take itself too seriously and we think the Austin crowd will appreciate that."
- What inspired you and your team to make this film and how did you come up with the title? "The title "Dickhead" was pretty easy to come up with because, you know, he's got a penis on his head."
- What made the actors interested in being a part of your film? "The screenwriter, Jimmy, tried to ground the dialogue and the characters in reality because the premise was so out there. So I based them on my friend. Basically, what would you do if you had a dick on your head? We think that's what attracted them to the parts."
- How were you able to get the locations for your film? "We used our own crappy apartments mostly."
- Can you talk about your sources of funding and favors that you received to complete this film? "We received favors on every level. Every dollar spent was seen on screen. We paid nobody. Real grassroots effort."
- What were some of the challenges that you encountered while making this film? "It took us a lot of time to get the VFX right. A dick's movement is hard to fake."
- Can you tell us about a time when something really funny happened on set, that didn't get caught on camera? "We had to buy a bunch of dildos at a porn shop. That was interesting. And while shooting we would just find a dildo lying around somewhere and step on it or something. Also interesting."
- Can you list any awards, nominations or official selections for this film? "Nominated for an Audience Award"