Austin Comedy Short Film Festival
Fall 2017 Official Selection
- Film Title: "Charge It"
- Screening: Session 1 November 14th, 2017
- Runtime: 90 Seconds
- Category: Micro Short Film
- Awards: TBA
- Director: Joel Lava
- Actors: Starring Katy Dolle and Sam Horowitz
- Tagline: "What happens when the conversation about how to use a credit card at the grocery checkout is repurposed as a sex scene?"
How exactly is swiping a credit card like having sex?
"Charge it" is a fun quick laugh that was highly rated by our judges for it's creativity and comedic timing. We caught up with Director Joel Lava for an interview.
- What inspired you and your team to make this film and how did you come up with the title? "The checkout terminology sounded sexual. The title took a lot of debate and arguing."
- What made the actors interested in being a part of your film? "I told them it wouldn't require full nudity and it would be a fast shoot."
- How were you able to get the locations for your film? "I used my bedroom when my wife was out of town. She still doesn't currently know..."
- Can you talk about your sources of funding and favors that you received to complete this film? "It was done very cheaply. My actors worked for free."
- Has creating this short film helped the careers of the people involved in any way? "Not yet. But it will make them stars for sure."
- What were some of the challenges that you encountered while making this film? "The male actor Sam got pretty sweaty, and his pumping motion needed finesse for camera"
- Where was this film shot on location? "Burbank, California"