Austin Comedy Short Film Festival
Fall 2017 Official Selection
"Be Sexy" Directed by Steve Thompson
The micro short comedy film, Be Sexy, is an official selection of the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2017.
- Film Title: "Be Sexy"
- Director: Steve Thompson
- Producer/Lead Actor: Alexandra Nader | Frankie Lapace | Justin West
- Runtime: 5 Minutes 56 seconds
- Category: Micro Short Comedy Film
- Facebook | Instagram | IMDb
- Tagline: "Two best friends get a sexual proposition they can't refuse, but can they look past their own insecurities and not screw it up?"
- Review: "A fun film from beginning to end about a sexy situation that requires teamwork from two friends that just can’t seem to work as a team.”
Be Sexy: The Story Behind the Story
- Why did you think that your film was a good fit for the Austin Comedy Short FF? "My film "Be Sexy" is a dark comedy, and I am consistently working in the dark comedy genre and hope to built a national audience. Austin is a great film town and thought it would be a good fit to start building an audience in Austin, TX."
- What inspired you and your team to make this film and how did you come up with the title? "This concept for the film about a threesome gone horribly wrong and came out of a conversation with my writing partners who were once approached for a threesome. We wanted to make a version that was far worse than how bad it actually would have went if they went through with it."
- What made the actors interested in being a part of your film? "In the case of our film, the writers are also the main performers in the film."
- How were you able to get the locations for your film? "We pulled in a favor for a small bar in Brooklyn. Thankfully my production team had shot there perviously and had a good relationship with the owners."
- Can you talk about your sources of funding and favors that you received to complete this film?
"Be Sexy" was entirely self finaced by the producers and directors. We had a small budget and put it all on the screen.
- Has creating this short film helped the careers of the people involved in any way?
The short film is a continued effort to create proof of concept pieces to get funding for a series our a micro feature.
- What were some of the challenges that you encountered while making this film? "On day 2 of shooting a light actually set off a sprinkler in our shooting location. The shoot was finally cancelled and rescheduled after hours of avoiding water damage and waiting for the NYFD to turn off the water on the entire block!"
- In what city and state was this film shot on location? If outside the US, what city and country? If multiple places, please list them. "Brooklyn and Manhattan"
- Can you list any awards, nominations or official selections for this film? "The film premiered at the Coney Island Film Festival and has been accepted into some other web and comedy festivals."